Monday, September 8, 2014

Easy Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:08
Pace: 9:01 miles/minute

Comments: With slightly cooler temperatures I had a corresponding uptick in production. Finished this one just a shade off the 9:00 pace to put me into "training" mode. That's easily accountable with the pauses in the run and other factors but I'll wait till I get it fair and square before I claim it. That should be relatively soon since there's supposed to be a significant cooling later this week.

The bigger issue is consistency right now. It's been a struggle to keep on a regular schedule and I desperately need to resume my conditioning efforts. The goal this week is to get that back on track and hold it through the end of the month at the very least. Not unrelated, the likelihood of the October half-marathon is diminishing rapidly.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 80%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada