Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:52
Pace: 8:42 minutes/mile

Comments: Running under the supermoon! Got out a little earlier than usual and kinda knew from the start this would be a solid run. Tried to hold it back a little on the first mile but sipped into a solid pace early so I just tried to maintain. Honestly, this is the first real "run" I have had in as long as I can remember.

Judged by that, though, I have a long way to go. My concentration was not as strong as it needs to be and my form was flat awful in stretches. Still, there was good consistency in my pace from mile to mile, particularly the second half of the run. As always, the real key is keeping up the training rather than the individual runs.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 76 percent
Wind: slight breeze
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada