Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 42:48
Pace: 10:41 min/mi

Comments: I took a well-deserved day off following the race which was marked by various sore spots but no sharp pains, thank goodness. I considered doing a two-miler last night but decided not to chance it.

So today's run was epically slow and that was deliberate. I just wanted to get my legs moving and the heart rate up -- nothing more. I actually felt more like I was jogging cadence for a lot of this one.

My legs felt pretty good the whole way. A few of the aches are definitely still present but I certainly don't feel any worse than after a solid long run. All of which bodes well for making another stab at a half in six weeks.

Conditions
Hour: 6:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 97 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada