Monday, July 4, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:58
Pace: 8:59 min/mi

Comments: Best run in three-and-a-half months. A lot of things came together just right to make it happen. I ate well, slept well and got an enormous break from the weather.

Woke up to pretty rough thunderstorms but these had mostly pushed through by 7:30 a.m. I waited until the rain stopped and then got out to take advantage of the unexpectedly cool temperature. The trick was to beat the clouds passing through and the sun coming out because today is expected to be the hottest of the year.

As a result, I found myself pushing the pace and, surprisingly, not suffering overmuch from it. At the turnaround I realized I had a chance at a sub-9 minute pace run so I tried to dial in and focus on the second half. Got it with two seconds to spare.

Conditions

Hour: 7:37 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast/rainy
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 99 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada