Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:48
Pace: 10:12 min/mi

Comments: And with the recent health scare I'm seriously trying to just get a regular run routine going again. The long-overdue visit to the doctor indicated all the wonderfully awful things I've been concerned about aren't completely off-base. And now I have to become twice as boring to take care of myself.

As one might expect, this wasn't a world beating effort. I just got out and slogged through it. The dismissive approach isn't the best strategy for consistent effort but I really just had to get this first run done and show some kind of progress. Improvement will wait until I get a few more under my belt.


Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 67 degrees
Humidity: 84 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Right bunion sore.