Monday, May 8, 2017

Fitness Run

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 18:19
Pace: 9:10 min/mi

Comments: Last month was kind of a disaster on the health front. Following the previous run my right foot was in excruciating pain. I figured it was revenge of the bunion but the emergency care lady thought it was gout. Either way, I got a prescription-dose of anti-inflammatory meds that seemed to help.

So between that and the high-blood-pressure diagnosis, I'm gonna ease back into this effort. Just two miles was the plan. I expected to do these in 10+ min miles but it looks like I went out a bit on the quick side. All the more reason to be glad I didn't go the regular four miles. The second half of the workout would have suuuuucked.

Conditions

Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 65 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Right bunion slightly stiff but nothing else.