Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:13
Pace: 10:03 min/mi

Comments: Storms are forecast to be pushing through the area intermittently over the next few days. So getting a run in will be a matter of taking advantage of breaks in the weather. I got a chance pretty early this morning so I took it.

The storms are feeding off high moisture in the area and I felt it on this run. Temperatures were a bit warmer (but not insanely hot like it will get later in the year) and I could feel the drag on my legs and then see it on the pace which eroded drastically every mile. I'll chalk this one as an early warm-weather acclimation run.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 99 percent
Wind: 3 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: Slight soreness in lower right calf at the start. Right IT band tightness.