Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:31
Pace: 9:37 min/mi

Comments: The race is fast approaching and, while I don't think I can do much more to improve my conditioning, I need to get my weekly runs in. With the recent weather that meant going out in cold and wet conditions. I hoped there would be a long enough break in the rain for me to squeeze in my run but, of course, that wasn't happening.

Since I am technically tapering, I did not intend to run this particularly fast but the cold spurred me on a bit. Partially to keep warm and partially to get the thing over with. Still, I didn't overdo it by any means. Just a pretty workmanlike effort on my way to the starting line.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: mist/rain
Temperature: 36 degrees
Humidity: 100 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada