Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:27
Pace: 10:21

Comments: This went surprisingly well for my post-race run. My legs took a beating during the half-marathon and my hopes for this effort were not high. I was plenty stiff getting started and a little concerned about a couple aches might prove to be more substantial.

After the halfway point, though, things settled down and I got into a acceptable groove. The last mile went so well I had to really concentrate in order to keep my pace down at the finish. My legs still have a bit of post-race ache but not nearly the amount of fatigue that hit me after the 10K.

Conditions

Hour: 10:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 57 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: