Thursday, March 1, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:37
Pace: 8:39 min/mi

Comments: I've been considering what type of training I need in order to improve my performance in the half-marathon this month. Obviously, the main area is to get faster. So I need to do some runs that push my pace a little. No time like the present to start.

I have no intention to start track workouts or anything, just regular runs that are sub 9 minute per mile average pace (my old "training run" threshold). Needless to say, I took care of that today and some -- even with the hills on my routine course. I'll do a longer run this weekend but dial back that pace considerably.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 98 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 15

Injury update: nada