Monday, April 30, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:24
Pace: 9:35 min/mi

Comments: The planned long run ended up a victim of the mysterious drag-ass. I was just wiped out all yesterday and putting in any run, much less a ten miler wasn't really realistic. I considered pushing the long run to today but, given this weird torpor has struck twice recently, I probably shouldn't push it.

So my aspirations were pretty basic for this run and seemed to be living up to that low bar when I set out. I felt like I was running in mud and had zero energy to speak of. I was a little surprised to see a halfway decent pace at the end of the first mile. I finished with a respectable time and, hopefully, a recovery from whatever the hell.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly sunny
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: 10-15 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada