Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:20
Pace:9:34 min/mi

Comments: The Sunday run really did a number on me. Between the pollen and sunscreen in my eyes, my whole face swelled up. The sunburn on my chest got unbearable. And, best of all, I felt like a sinus infection was coming on.

Tuesday was better but work commitments and inclement weather overwhelmed my day. I didn't get back out there till today and it was as humid and awful as I expected.

Given the situation, my goals were modest. I got my four miles and the pace wasn't horrific. Still, I need to get acclimated to the heat and start producing decent runs soon.

Conditions

Hour: 10:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly sunny
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Right hamstring tightness at halfway point and end.