Friday, May 18, 2018

Fitness Run

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 27:32
Pace: 9:10 min/mi

Comments: So work engagements and other weirdness conspired to disrupt my running plan. I got out today but later than I wanted and I paid the price. It was as hot as any run I've done this year. So, despite good intentions, I ended up cutting this one short as well.

In retrospect, I probably went out too fast given the conditions but I probably underestimated things due to the relatively low humidity. By the end of mile two I could feel the heat taking its toll and as the end of mile three I decided pushing it would not be the best idea.

No. I'm not happy about it.

Conditions

Hour: 11:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/gravel
Weather: clear
Temperature: 90 degrees
Humidity: 45 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada