Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:05
Pace: 10:15 min/mi

Comments: I was pretty sore the day after the race but it certainly wasn't as awful as I was fearing it might be. By the end of the day I was getting around pretty well. I felt a bit stiff this morning but nothing that really impeded my run.

The one thing I'm really needing to focus on as we enter the last phase of training for these January races is slowing the hell down. I did great with that in the first half of the race. Now I need to do it consistently through training.

Today I started out a bit on the fast side but deliberately focused on keeping it in check the rest of the way. My last mile was about a minute slower than the first (mainly downhill) one. That feels weird but it's what I need to keep doing.

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 69 percent
Wind:10 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Both my knees had a touch of that scratchy tendon feeling. My lower calf/upper Achilles tendon on the right side was sore the whole way.