Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 40:08
Pace: 9:55 min/mi

Comments: Took a day off after the race even though I probably could have put in a short recovery run. I figured today's run would be pretty easy but it actually got a little challenging about halfway in.

I had a really good cadence and form for the first two miles. In fact I was concerned about going out too fast. Just past the halfway mark, when the course starts going uphill, I could really feel the fatigue in my legs.

I got really slow on the steep parts and felt more achy at the end than the start.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 57 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada