Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 6.01 miles
Time: 59:52
Pace: 9:58 min/mi

Comments: With work-related travel tomorrow, the likelihood of getting a run in is low. So I decided to make this a slightly longer effort in case I have to take two days off before the 10K on Saturday.

This one started fine but, like yesterday, got more and more difficult as it went on. My cadence started strong but deteriorated pretty consistently the rest of the way. And my heart rate increased pretty much at the same rate.

Pace-wise, I kept it pretty consistent through the first four miles but dropped off precipitously after that. The hills on the course were certainly a factor there but not nearly excuse enough for the drastic slowdown.

Conditions

Hour: 5:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: fog/mist
Temperature: 56 degreesHumidity: 97 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada