Sunday, August 11, 2019

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.04
Time: 39:29
Pace: 9:46 min/mi

Comments: With  the two day rest and comparatively decent weather conditions (humidity wasn't as bad) I decided to push it a little this morning.

- Goal 1: focus on cadence
- Goal 2: sub 30 min three miles
- Goal 3: sub 40 minute run

Surprisingly, I hit all three of them. I focused on cadence first, trying to get a bit of a lead on the clock with the downhill. Splitwise, it didn't work out that way but it did warm me up and I got into a strong rhythm for the middle two miles.

I hit the second goal with about a minute to spare so I really focused on the cadence on the big hill. Then I pushed the pace a bit on that last 200 yards or so after the last hill. Overall, a very satisfying effort.

Conditions

Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity:77 percent
Wind: slight breeze
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada