Sunday, November 10, 2019

Fitness Run

Distance: 6.27 miles
Time: 1:03:45
Pace: 10:10 min/mi

Comments: This is the last day before a rather nasty cold front pushes through North Texas. So I took advantage of the ideal conditions this morning to get a 10K in. The run went really well and I was very encouraged by the effort.

I didn't look at my watch the whole way and the pace came out slightly slower than I might have hoped. Basically, this run was about cadence and consistency. For the most part, I think I did that.

I also did myself a favor and doubled back on the flat portion, not the hills. As a result, I had more in the tank than usual on the last few uphills. Again, instead of cranking it, I just tried to keep a solid consistent effort and (mostly) succeeded.

I might be able to squeeze in a run tomorrow morning that won't be awful but, after that, it's sub-freezing training.

Conditions

Hour: 8:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 93 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada