Thursday, January 2, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 40:12
Pace: 9:58 min/mi

Comments: The plan was to start the new year right with a Jan. 1 run. Gashing my hand on NYE sufficiently to require seven stitches knocked that plan a kilter.

The doctor said running was fine as long as I didn't fall on the hand so out the door I went this morning. Gingerly. And very careful about where I put my feet.

This wasn't a notable effort otherwise. A nice solid run. Nothing fancy. What makes it important is it's the first workout for the new year. I'd like to put in 800+ miles in 2020 and put in a marathon at some point between now and Dec. 31.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 54 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada