Friday, January 3, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 38:47
Pace: 9:38 min/mi

Comments: Got one in but, as I tell everyone, the important one is your next one. The routine matters more than any one workout. So I decided to follow my own advice and get my butt out the door.

The weather was about perfect so that helped. I decided to push the pace a little -- nothing really "hard" but not settling for just cranking it out either. Mainly I focused on cadence. Keeping my feet moving even on the uphills.

At the end, I found almost half the run was in the zone five heart rate. So it was a pretty intense effort in comparison with most of my recent runs.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 87 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada