Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:50
Pace: 9:27 min/mi

Comments: The good news here was this was a completely workmanlike effort. I got up when I intended, I got out the door when I intended, I got the kind of run I intended.

My quads were a little sore after the effort on Monday and started a little stiff on this one but I warmed up pretty quick. Temperatures weren't brutal. Humidity was bearable. Barely.

I had a bit of a headwind at the turnaround but, overall, conditions were as good as one can expect in Texas during the summer. My splits were all over the place but all within a 20 second range so I can live with it.

Conditions

Hour: 6 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada