Friday, February 10, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: 20 minutes, morning run
Surface: grass/asphalt
Weather Conditions: 50s, chilly
Location: Jacksonville, Fla.

Comments: Not a fun one. I was very stiff beforehand during my stretches and the chilly conditions were brutal to start. Just about the time I got warmed up I developed a stich in my side that stuck with me the rest of the way.

I decided to do a shorter run following the hour-long adventure on Wednesday but upped the pace to, I guess, about 2/3 race speed. That had a lot to do with the problems I had.

Despite all the other issues, there were no real problems from the knee at all. Outside of the runs themselves, I am cautiously optimistic. Although it has been stiff and with that continual pre-pain ache since I began running, it has not developed into a full-on pain that I have had to deal with in the past.