Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: not sure
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather Conditions: cloudy, warm, 70s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: Stone Roses Remixes

Comments: I got pretty busy the last two days with work and laziness so I skipped gym work and my run (that's a full week without hitting the gym, not looking forward to tomorrow). I also haven't been eating very well so I didn't have a lot in the tank when I hit the pavement today.

But I did my usual stretches and situps and tried to hit a pace and stick with it. My knee was unhappy to start and I felt like I was running through 3 feet of surf with every step. It turned into an unpleasant endurance test more than a real workout. I would have like to put in a bit more time or distance but it was clear I had done all I could do at the 45 minute mark.