Saturday, April 1, 2006

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 kilometers
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: misty, cool, 60s, late morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: Rinôçérôse

Comments: I felt very tight during my usual streching and situps. I was thinking of doing a normal run but then decided to cut it to half an hour and see how I felt. Since I will be travelling next week I want to get a good long run in this weekend.

The run was not pleasant. My knee felt uncomfortable and I didn't have much energy in my legs. The half hour was about as much as I could ask of myself by the end of it.

And there were some weird new aches as well. On some of the declines I felt an uncomfortable tightness in the upper calf muscle behind my right knee. It was sharp but not that really bad sharp that could be an injury.