Saturday, April 29, 2006

Treadmill run

Distance: n/a
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: treadmill
Weather Conditions: inside
Location: Millennium Sports Club, Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Secret weapon: none

Comments: I planned to be nice to myself today not as any kind of reward or anything but more to get a sense of where I stood physically after my big run this week. I started with the usual stretch/situp regimine and then put it on the treadmill. As usual, my left leg was tighter than the right but there wasn't anything dangerous showing up in the warm up.

On the machine I put it at a 9-minute-mile pace and kept it there for the full half hour. It was a really simple run. A good steady pace. No tiredness or urge to cut it short. Just get on the machine and crank it out. In fact I really felt like I had plenty left in the tank to keep going. But I am not going to screw up and make a real mistake at this point.