Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9 kilometers (5.58 miles)
Time: 47.26 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, noon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: And thus endeth the joyus interlude. Lima's grey winter skies were back in force today - but that's OK. The one thing this crappy weather is perfect for is running.

Needless to say, I am still dealing with the impact of my long run. I still felt a bit sore heading out and my knees were tender as well. I started slow and never got into the type of groove I had yesterday. This one was work, the whole way.

Which isn't to say it was a bad run. Unlike six months ago where I would not have the strength or energy to do the run, I knew I could get through the whole thing perfectly well. It just took a concentrated effort that isn't needed on really good days.