Thursday, December 28, 2006

Training run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 30:56
Pace: 7:44/mi

Comments: I am still extremely sore from the long run on Sunday. I spent most of yesterday off my feet with my legs elevated but I'm still stepping around gingerly and getting started on the run isn't pleasant.

I felt I could put in my six miles today if I pushed it a bit but, once again, I don't really feel the need to push myself too much these last few weeks. The danger - an injury - far outweighs any possible benefit.

So I did once around the block and that was enough. It was chilly, a bit wet and somewhat breezy. Normally ideal running conditions but, given my achy state, just a cumulative consideration for my ongoing state of misery.

But, overall, it was a pretty nice run and I felt pretty good the whole way through.

Conditions

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast/light rain
Temperature: 46 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: The right calf issue seems to have faded into the background but I did have a soreness in the outside of the knee toward the end of the effort. This might be the irregularity in my mechanics moving it's way up the leg as the calf loosens up.