Saturday, December 30, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 7 miles
Time: 52:13
Pace: 7:27/mi

Comments: I felt pretty good this morning so I decided to try and put in a decent amount of mileage today, 10 miles. But, after getting started, my legs let me know they are still not completely recovered. So I cut it short at 7 miles and walked the two miles home.

Despite the achyness it was a pretty good run. I feel strong and, if I have enough time to heal up, I should be able to do well for the race. My pace was pretty good and my mechanics seem to still be there.

I do need to make sure I don't push too hard in the next two weeks. It is that logic that lead me to take an extra rest day yesterday as well as parsing this effort. I'll do the midnight run tomorrow - it's just 3 miles - but not at a blistering pace, by any means.

Conditions

Hour: 11 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt/dirt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 71 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Chandler/Tempe, Arizona
Shoes: Asics
Con Musica

Injury update: I was very creaky heading out but that seemed to ease up by the end of the first mile. Getting off the concrete onto the dirt helped a lot but at about mile 5 my right knee started acting up. Actually, the outside of the knee and just beneath it. The masseuse said there was a lot of issues in the area, probably due to the stresses the calf was putting on my mechanics.