Sunday, September 9, 2007

Long Run

Distance: 20 kilometers
Time: 2 hours minutes

Comments: A pretty solid long run after a broken week of training. I was very apprehensive about this one in the wake of the slog of a run earlier in the week but it actually went pretty well. I ran this one with my sister, doing a five-mile loop near her house in south Chandler. We got up early and out the door just after 6 a.m. The sun was just coming up when we started and a decent part of the route was in shade. So the gettin going wasn't too bad. The second loop was tougher. It was warmer - verging on hot - and the sun was relentless. That’s a big change from the winter-in-Lima conditions I'm used to. But I hydrated well and kept the gels going. I wore my ""race"" outfit which has a lot of black on it. The last few miles I did shirtless due to the amount of sweating. I knew I needed to hydrate after the run but  I was shocked when I pounded down a 32-oz bottle of Gatorade like nothing.