Friday, September 7, 2007

Training Run

Distance: 10 kilometers
Time: 60 minutes

Comments: The trip back to the US was brutal and any hope of a short run on Thursday went out the window pretty quick. I got next to no sleep on the plane and ate miserably after touching down.I put off sleep as late as I could but still hit the bed with some daylight left. I ended up with more than 11 hours of sleep but still woke a bit groggy.So I laced on the new shoes and hit the road right after 6 a.m. Even that early, the contrast weatherwise between Arizona and Peru was enormous. It was less humid but you'd never know it due to the swealter. Getting going I was mighty mighty sluggish.And, although I fell into the usual pace I could tell it was a harder effort than normal. I was sweating pretty good by mile two and that usually never was an issue during my Peru runs.
Conditions:

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: cloudy
Temperature:
Humidity:
Wind:
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks TranceCon Musica