Sunday, July 6, 2014

Long Run

Distance: 6.0 miles 
Time: 57:11
Pace: 9:31

Comments: So the conditioning workout pretty much whipped my ass. I was pretty creaky the rest of the day and downright sore the next. My quads were feeling the the worst but there were delightful spots of ache waiting to be discovered ever time I moved.

It wasn't a lot better this morning. Getting out of bed was rough and getting started on the run even more so. Making matters worse, I'm allergic to something and my legs have broken out. So the first mile was pretty much an achy, stiff, itchy, sore pile of awful. It got better, but not dramatically so.

The goal here was just to get the six miles in whatever the time. And even though the temperature/humidity was a little better than my last run it felt worse. This was a slog from start to finish with a few nice hills thrown in for sheer sadism. Still, I got through it with a reasonable pace and didn't have that regrettable 'just walk the rest of the way' impulse. Poco y poco.

Conditions:
Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 75 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Nada