Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Conditioning Work

Made it out to the Camp Gladiator workout again. Like the last time, it totally kicked my ass but not in the most positive way this time. During the second set of exercises my right hip decided not to cooperate. I eased back on it but it really wasn't happy with doing the side-to-side work. Not a surprise, really, give everything I've done has been straight on running. Torque is a new complication for my muscles and my tendons.

I tried to keep up by avoiding the exercises that would aggravate it and substituting ones that wouldn't. I did a lot of burpees as a result. But my other issue was that I didn't have the umph this time I did last time. That's not surprising given my body is still trying to catch up with the new workload but it was a bit disappointing.