Sunday, August 3, 2014

Long Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 58:21
Pace: 9:43 min/mi

Comments: Well this was perfectly awful. I started out slow, stayed slow and got even slower. The heat and humidity conspired against me but I'm betting my awful diet yesterday was the real culprit.

I actually felt I got decently warmed up after mile one and felt somewhat in control of the effort over the next two miles. Regrettably, that wasn't reflected in the splits. I thought I was in the 9 min/mi range but I was actually coming in a half-minute slower than that. I realized mile four was going to be 10 min plus so I tried to get back on top of things but I was pretty much just putting off the inevitable.

At the end of mile six I called it a day and walked the rest of the way in.

Conditions:
Hour: 7:20 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 83%
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: nada