Friday, August 1, 2014

Easy Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:58
Pace: 9:14 min/mi

Comments: Weird little run. Started off a bit stiff. Guess the sweat run on Thursday took more out of me than I expected. The weather was nicely cool with even a bit of mist. But the ultra-humid air took its toll with a quickness.

I seemed to hold a solid pace the first half of this workout but fell off considerably on mile three. Like "25 seconds slower pace" considerably. Regrouped for a respectable final mile but what the hell? Control-wise this felt pretty good. I was able to focus on turnover and such pretty well the whole way. Still, when the hell do I get the payoff from all the awful July runs?

Conditions:
Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast/light mist
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 96%
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14
Injury update: The right hamstring fluttered a bit on the last lap.