Saturday, November 29, 2014

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:22
Pace: 9:19 min/mi

Comments: Between the neighbor's shrieking kid that kept me up all night and the soreness in my hamstrings from the run on Thanksgiving Day, I didn't think this run was going to happen. But temperatures in the low 50s are an opportunity not to be passed over lightly. And once I got started I was glad I did because it was about as beautiful a morning as one could ask for.

Started intentionally slow due to the hamstring soreness and general stiffness. That mostly worked itself out by the end of mile one and I could concentrate on keeping a reasonably steady pace. I sped up slightly on the second half of this run but all of the splits were comfortably over the nine minute mark.

Conditions:
Hour: 7:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 83 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GT 14

Injury update: Both hamstrings, but particularly my left, have felt tight since yesterday. They warmed up fine for this run but I can still feel the discomfort somewhat.