Monday, August 10, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:17
Pace: 9:34 min/mi

Comments: I was more worn out after yesterday's run than I expected. Achy quads and calves and a power nap, drool and all. I fell asleep earlier than I wanted and, as a result, woke up way to damn early.

The run was the slog I expected. This was a recovery run in every way. While my conditioning felt like garbage I felt pretty strong the whole way. The consistency in the last two miles seem to bear that out as well.

Tomorrow is my off day. I'm hoping all this effort and a slight cool spell results in more productive runs later this week.

Conditions
Hour: 5:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 67 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Sore quads.