Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 55:55
Pace: 9:19 min/mi

Comments: The intention was to get six miles in yesterday. Didn't happen. Then, when I got started today, I decided to try and get eight miles. Settled for six. I'm feeling a bit guilty about missing these goals but I know that's the wrong attitude.

Last week was a good consistent effort and two days off wasn't a bad idea. The final distance today wasn't as important as getting the hour-long workout. Bottom line, if I want to keep inching up the mileage without injury, I've got to make these concessions.

Overall, a very good run. I did well through the first four miles but miles five and six dropped off considerably. Gonna have to keep working on the conditioning.

Conditions
Hour: 6 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 81 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Little tweaks in my right ankle.