Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:45
Pace: 8:56 min/mi

Comments: This one started off very sloggy. To get through it I focused on my footfalls; keeping my feet close to the pavement but quicker turnover -- shorter steps, basically. That got me through the first mile and I was able to concentrate on the run after that.

I ran a very consistent middle two miles and tried to work on my concentration a bit more. That has lagged almost as much as my conditioning so as I get back into things that's something I've got to work on.

The last mile was very solid. I picked it up quite a bit on the last quarter but didn't venture into the full-on stride territory. With almost a month of solid work, I don't want to throw it away on a cheap injury.

Conditions
Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Stiff.