Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 56:29
Pace: 9:24 min/mi

Comments: While not an earth-shattering performance, this was the least uncomfortable run I've had in awhile. After the maximum-mileage week I ended up doing just one run in the last seven days. That's probably a good thing given the little aches that had surfaced but it's not doing my conditioning any favors.

A cold front finally broke the sweltering conditions, though. The temperatures were somewhat cooler but the humidity was dramatically less. And that made the effort that much more productive on this run. I kept pretty close to 9:20 pace except for the last mile when I lagged significantly. Overall, a very promising performance.

Conditions
Hour: 7 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 57 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Still getting the stiffness in the right calf.