Friday, January 1, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:37
Pace: 9:08 min/mi

Comments: Fantastic first run of the new year. Was rather brisk and uncomfortable at the start. Enough so I had real reservations about completing the run. But by the end of the first mile I had warmed up and started to find a bit of a groove.

I finished the first mile at just more than 9 min/mi pace, probably because I was going too fast to try and warm up at the start. That slipped to 9:26 min/mi on the second. At the turnaround I decided to try and push the pace a touch and did a bit better but as I hit the final mile I decided to try and get under the 9 min/mi pace.

I got within striking distance with about a quarter mile left and started pushing it and slipped under with a hundred yards to go and just said "what the hell" and sprinted it in. This wasn't a spectacular time or anything but it was a great effort to start me off in 2016.

Conditions
Hour: 11:20 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 44 degrees
Humidity: 61 percent
Wind: 6 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada