Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:18
Pace: 8:33 min/mi

Comments: Second run of the year and third run in consecutive days. Got up feeling much better than I had any reason to expect so I waited until mid-afternoon and took a stab at it. The current temperatures make that an option.

I started with a pretty good pace and didn't feel that terribly drained by the halfway point. So I tried to hold it steady on mile three and make a push for the final one. Initially I just wanted a sub 8:30 final mile but decided to push for sub eight halfway through. Got four seconds from it.

This was a very good run and my fastest pace in almost exactly a year. That's promising but the goal here is consistency. Gotta keep putting in the miles.


Conditions
Hour: 3:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 51 degrees
Humidity: 43 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada