Monday, January 25, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36:04
Pace: 9:01 min/mi

Comments: The ten miler yesterday left me as tired and sore as I expected but I felt surprisingly good this morning. With pretty mild temperatures, I considered putting in an a.m. run but decided against it out of concern for injury. If I was still doing OK in the afternoon, I'd try it.

I was still doing OK in the afternoon.

This was not an easy run by any means. My legs were lagging significantly and it was more of a slog than I'm usually comfortable with. Still, my stride was good and I definitely felt strong the whole way through it. Best of all, my splits were very consistent.

Conditions
Hour: 5:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 49 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: Right buttock and calf a bit sore during mile three.