Saturday, March 12, 2016

New Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

It's been seven-plus months and since I picked up my pair of Asics Gel-Kayano 21. They have just gone past 250 miles which isn't in the critical range but definitely getting into the ballpark of the shoe's optimum lifespan.

So I decided to grab a new pair to start switching out as they get less responsive to the mileage. I popped over to RunOn! in Coppell and tried on a half dozen pairs or so. After all the effort I ended up sticking with the Asics Gel-Kayano but in the next generation of the shoe -- the 22.

Ever since Asics has moved the stitching for the side decoration back where it doesn't hit the ball of my big toe, this has been a really reliable shoe. (Before then I would inevitably form a blister right there when my long runs got into the double digits.) This edition is pretty butt ugly but it doesn't have any orange or dayglow colors so I can live with it.