Sunday, March 13, 2016

Long Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:43:42
Pace: 10:21 min/mi

Comments: This was not a powerful performance by any means. This was a case study in just holding my shit together to finish. My running wasn't really consistent prior to the half-marathon and didn't get much better afterward. So a horrible long run was my prescription to get my shit together.

Starting out I gave myself the option of eight or ten miles. When I hit the decision point I was miserable enough I figured two more miles couldn't make it any worse. Might as well suffer a bit more now than in the weeks to come.

My splits told the story. The first four miles were in the ten minute range. Except for a slight rally on mile six I just kept getting slower and slower and slower. Final mile: 11:26. Yeesh.

Conditions

Hour: 8:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 53 percent
Wind: 10 mph gusts
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 21

Injury update: nada