Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Recovery Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 40:00 min (est)
Pace: 10 min/mi (est)

Comments: This was a pretty awful effort. I actually pondered a run yesterday afternoon but decided against it due to the wind factor. "Hey," I thought, "I'll be that much more rested and recovered for tomorrow morning." Not even quite.

My quads and calves were sore starting out but that eased off quickly enough. Things felt decent up to the two mile point and then it became a full on slog. I haven't struggled with a run like that since last summer.

It got to that unpleasant point where I have to fight the urge to walk it in. Luckily my GPS device died so I didn't have that to add to the temptation. I just sucked it up and stumbled through the four miles. At the very least, since daylight savings time has arrived my public humiliation was in the dark.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 56 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada