Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:37
Pace: 9:23 min/mi

Comments: Surprised myself and got this one in. I was a little more achy after Sunday's run than I expected but not so much this one was more of a challenge. While I wasn't pushing the pace that much, I never felt overly fatigued or tired either.

I think, at this point, the half-marathon this month would not be a wise idea. I might try to do a decently-challenging long run the next weekend or two but jumping into a race with this lack of conditioning is a recipe for disaster.

But if I can get the routine going again, there will be plenty others to try.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 97 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: Little jab in my right quad at one point.