Friday, April 8, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 57:18
Pace: 9:33 min/mi

Comments: Got the day off and a decent cool front came through last night which gave me an optimum opportunity for a run. I got out mid-morning before it got too warm and that turned out to be completely perfect.

I decided to go for six miles because I'll be travelling over the next few days and getting another run in might not be in the cards. Overall, I felt the run went pretty well but I did slow down significantly on the final two miles.

It's pretty clear abandoning the half-marathon and focusing on resuming the routine was the right choice.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: clear
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 18 percent
Wind: 4 mph
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada