Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 28:15
Pace: 9:24 min/mi

Comments: Not my most stellar effort. Set out to get the usual four miles and had to settle for three. The most obvious culprits are the heat and humidity but not eating dinner last night didn't help either.

Still, the pace was a lot better than I had any reason to expect. The first two miles were at a reasonable pace and the last mile, although it felt pretty awful, was under the 10 minute mark.

I know I've got a long way to go in order to get back in halfway decent shape and waiting until the weather got like this was not the best move on my part.

Conditions

Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada