Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39:12
Pace: 9:47 min/mi

Comments: I've come to the conclusion that Weather Underground's humidity measurements are 100% bullshit. I've done runs they've claimed were 95%-plus humidity that were a breeze and there is no way today's swealter-fest was just 86%. I feel like I just ran four miles in a sauna.

This said, the performance was about as good as I could have hoped given the conditions.

I slowed down almost a full minute between the first mile and the last but, although it was a slog, it wasn't one of those runs I'm just looking for a reason to walk it in. I feel significantly stronger and definitely strong enough to finish these runs. As usual, it'll be awhile before conditioning and stamina catch up.

Conditions

Hour: 7:40 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 80 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada