Friday, October 14, 2016

Fitness Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:13
Pace: 9:32 min/mi

Comments: This was the first run that I felt like I was actually running as opposed to just hanging on until the finish. The pace bounced around a bit but I was able to concentrate on the effort and focus when needed. A very nice change from the recent efforts.

Which isn't to say there was a great step forward in terms of speed and conditioning. My splits were all over the place and there were some points I found myself lagging. Still, I hung around the 9:30 pace most of the way and never fell off precipitously. That's definite progress.

Conditions

Hour: 6:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 61 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano 22

Injury update: nada